Thursday, July 10, 2008

Grateful

So I was saying my prayers last night, and I was overcome with gratitude and thanks for everything that the Lord as given me-the people in my life: family friends, etc. They all do so much for me, and most of them don't even realize it. My parents, my bishop, Sitcom, and Bookworm are some of my greatest examples; they show true love for the gospel, and they live it. Through thick and thin, these people have been by my side, and I am so grateful for them, their attitude, and the example that they show me.
Another thing that I was grateful for was my opportunities/talents. I am currently in a show and I was disappointed when I was cast because it seemed like a small and insignificant part. But as rehearsals have continued I have learned, even though it is a small part, I am learning skills (mainly tap) that will help further my performing career. I am learning to enjoy my role, and love others as they do well in their roles.

I am so grateful for music! The spirit it can bring into a room, and a persons heart is incredible. It has changed my life-helping me realize my mistakes and helping me towards the right path again.

But most of all, I am grateful for the gospel; especially repentance and the atonement. Let's just say without them I would be completely screwed. The fact that Christ would suffer for you and me, bleeding from every pore, and eventually giving his life so we could have the opportunity to repent and live again is so astounding to me. I am so grateful that we have the opportunity to repent. We do not need to be perfect, just strive to be.

These things are just a few things that I was completely overcome with gratitude for. Even now, I am still astounded. Thank you to everyone in my life.

No comments: